The Home Education Information Resource
What is HEIR?
HEIR is a non-partisan, non-sectarian, volunteer-only organization working to ensure that the people of Georgia and their government recognize home study, freely practiced in its diverse forms, as a legitimate choice and value it as a positive force for improving the quality of education. See our Vision, Mission, Principles which lists HEIR's basic ideas.Who and What is HEIR? briefly describes HEIR and its recent accomplishments as of March, 1998. It is available as a web page and as a Word document which includes HEIR's Vision and Mission.HEIR was established in March of 1997 (see More About HEIR (as of 1997)).HEIR's revised Bylaws were adopted on 10/23/99.
How You Can Help
You support HEIR and would like help? Check out HEIR Jobs, then use the HEIR Membership, Tickets, and Donations form to make donations, buy tickets to HEIR events, subscribe to HEIR membership, and/or tell us about yourself, including:
- How you'd like to help
- Your e-mail address so you can receive e-mail updates
- Pass the information on to others without e-mail or who aren't yet registered with HEIR
HEIR must pay for web hosting, e-mail, printing, copies, postage, long distance phone calls, post office box, voice-mail phone line, office supplies, and materials for presentations. If you can give regular or one-time monetary support for HEIR to meet these or future needs, please make a donation either online or via check. You can contact us in many ways.
HEIR is a 501c4 civic league - donations to HEIR are not tax-deductible. This leaves HEIR free to do as much lobbying as needed to preserve homeschooling freedoms uninhibited by IRS regulations and limits on tax-deductible organizations. Make a donation online or mail us a check at our mailing address below.
How to Contact HEIR
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org - fastest way to reach us.
This email address is monitored by a few of our most experienced HEIR members. Please allow a few minutes to a few weeks for a response. Use this for questions or comments about HEIR or about the content of our web site. Please indicate whether we may publish your information or opinion. You may also submit longer opinion or news articles to the HEIR editorial board at this e-mail address.
- E-mail: email@example.com - use this for questions or comments about the web site operations (links that don't work, or links we should add, what was hard to find, etc)
- Web: http://www.heir.org/ - easiest way to get thorough information
E-mail Updates: Register yourself and/or support group to receive e-mail updates HeirUpdates - easiest way to get brief updates
- E-mail Discussions: Join HEIR's E-mail Discussion Group HeirTalk
- Register yourself and/or support group
- To share and learn about Home Education events, classes, and activities you can sign up for HEIR's GaHeirWaves email list at http://www.heir.org/.
- To send mail expecting a response, please include a S.A.S.E. unless postage and handling was included in the payment included.
Mail is checked weekly. Please allow several weeks for packet orders to be filled:
PO Box 1128
Tucker, GA 30085-1128
Any HEIR materials may be copied if both the copyright notice and this policy sentence are included and if the materials are attributed to theHome Education Information Resource (HEIR).
© 1997-2003 Home Education Information Resource (HEIR) - http://www.heir.org/
We're trying to make it easier for you to link your site to ours. Just copy this text into your HTML:
<A HREF="http://www.heir.org/">H.E.I.R. (Home Education Information Resource) at http://www.heir.org/</A> - a non-partisan, non-sectarian, volunteer-only organization working to ensure that the people of Georgia and their government recognize home study, freely practiced in its diverse forms, as a legitimate choice and value it as a positive force for improving the quality of education.